Tuesday, December 11, 2018

SCCM - Content failed to update package - PullDP notification failed.


One on my PullDP not working since some days. Some content failed to update package



As you can see SMS_DP$ have always .tz files



Usually, it is a IIS Problem or client problem. All my check seems indicated all working...

BUT reading PkgXferMgr.log log file on my secondary  I can see some errors on this Pull DP

Failed to notify PullDP. check \\SCOMPUTERNAME.DOMAIN.NET\SMS_DP$\sms\logs\smsdpprov.log
 PullDP notification failed. Failure count = 1/30, Restart time = 11/12/2018 1:38:08 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time

















As all my test not indicated anything wrong,  I use (again) ApiMonitor to monitor SCCM API

IWbemServices::ExecMethod ( "SMS_DistributionPoint", "NotifyPullDP", 0, NULL, NULL, 0x000000be9ccdf910, NULL )    WBEM_E_PROVIDER_LOAD_FAILURE    0x80041013 = Provider load failure










Now I try to finding to duplicate same problem using Powershell

using this next commands I finally find same problem
Get-WmiObject -ComputerName MYCOMPUTER.MYDOMAIN.NET -Namespace Root\SCCMDP -Class SMS_DistributionPoint
















But using WbemTest it seems there is no problem























So I suppose it was a WMI Problem. To check that I restart WMI









and I try powershell script again  (seconde line)















And now it works!!

as  PkgXferMgr.log log file  indicate:
Attempted max retry count. The job would be marked for deletion now.

I must redistribute package























Wait 5 minute and now PkgXferMgr.log log file  indicate
 Pull DP Sending thread complete

 and we can see SMS_DP$ already deleted .tz and begin to download


and SCCMContentLib\PkgLib have already downloaded XXX0022E package
















Problem solved


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this :-)